Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Last Day at N4A

Me saying goodbye to N4A.
It's been four days since I left N4A - the non-profit I've been working at since mid-December.

Just for some clarification, N4A stands for the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging. The following description (from their website) gives a nice summary of what they do:

"The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) is the leading voice on aging issues for Area Agencies on Aging and a champion for Title VI Native American aging programs. Through advocacy, training and technical assistance, we support the national network of 629 AAAs and 246 Title VI programs"

For the most part, I spent my last day training my replacement, completing assignments, and saying my "thank yous" and "goodbyes." Last Friday, my last day, was important to me because I had the opportunity to leave "the right way." Often times (and even recently for me personally), folks don't have the chance to leave anything - a job, relationship, community - on good terms and on their own accord; I did both on Friday.

There were two really touching things about Friday: (1) the office got me gluten-free cupcakes to celebrate my time at N4A and (2) I received two thank you/best wishes cards from the office, including one from the CEO. Those two things are really special to me and I'm very appreciative for their consideration.

So what's next for me?

The gluten-free cupcakes from my office! 


Me Enjoying my gluten-free cupcake :)


One of my cards from my co-workers. 

The view from my desk... one last time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment