Friday, March 2, 2012

And for the next two weeks...

I'm going to work my butt off on my way out of the non-profit.

Yesterday morning, I gave the folks that I've been privileged to work with over the last three months my notice. I cannot say this enough: the staff at the non-profit has been so good to me. As I make this transition, I really want to leave the right way.

Here's one of my favorite Lil Wayne verses (from his track Comfortable, of Tha Carter III): "And if you leave, leave correct."

In the past, there have been quite a few personal and professional relationships for which I feel that I did not "leave correct" or that upon reflection, I could have handled better by being more honest with myself. Recently, I am happy to say that I have been more upfront and direct in my communication (with myself and others) and the results have been fruitful thus far.

As I told my co-workers about my plans today, one of the comments that really touched me was from someone with whom I seldom interact. This particular person introduced me to her boyfriend employing the adjective "stellar"

Stellar - a : of or relating to the stars : astral b : composed of stars
2 : of or relating to a theatrical or film star <stellar names>
3 a : principal, leading <a stellar role> b : outstanding <a stellar performance>
 
This description and that word "stellar" touched me. It means, that I'm a star and an outstanding performer. It's humbling to think that's what some of the people I've been working with think of me; I want to leave them with a lasting impression. And moving forward, I need to continue to work my butt off to be stellar, yet remaining humble (that's some of the best advice I've ever received and it's from my cousin T). 
 
#DoOrDieMarch 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment