Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Quick Update

It's been 12 days since my last blog entry and listening to Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" has compelled me to type up a quick update on everything that's happening in my life, lol. 

The big thing right now is work. On average, I arrive at work before 8:30 am and leave at around 6:30 pm each evening. I'm enjoying my job and am learning a lot about the education technology field. If there was one thing that I could improve, it would be the commute. The subway ride from Wheaton, Maryland to the Dupont Circle area of Washington DC is a killer and frankly, the Red Line sucks (I hope someone from WMATA is reading this). If only this commute can be shortened, which is the main reason that I am... 



I am actively looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment. I need to move out of my parents' home because the commute takes a lot out of me - that's the big thing. I really don't mind living at home too much, but would rather be able to walk to work or have a 15 minute commute instead of a 45 to 60 minute ride(s). This process has been a lot of fun, but I'm not getting too many replies from Craigslist. Also, there are three areas that I'm really looking at: 


  • Anything in Northwest DC 
  • Alexandria  (buy King Street or water)
  • Arlington 
I'm going to need some help soon as I would like to move out by September 1st, but for now, I'm going to just save my money and chill. 

What else is going on? In terms of fun, there are two constants in my life: Mandy and the Washington Nationals. In the span of a year, Mandy has become one of my closest friends and go-to people in DC; it's always a pleasure to hang out with her and just talk about life. Last weekend, we hung out at Nellie's on U Street and then went to McDonald's - lot's of fun. And then there's the Washington Nationals: I go see them at least once a week and it's always with either AR, Mandy, or my father. I'm actually trying to chill more on that, but I mistakenly passed on last night's game because I was tired and Stephen Strasburg was pitching - he got ten strikeouts. Coincidentally, I'm going to check out a Baltimore Orioles game with AR tomorrow at Camden Yards in Baltimore - that's going to be fun. 

Finally, in terms of Princeton Club of Washington stuff, I am in the process of planning a Club-wide trip to the Washington Nationals game and that's going to be it until August or September - that's going to be a nice break to focus on some other things. 

So all in all, my life right now is pretty good; time for my favorite song right now: 

No comments:

Post a Comment