Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reflections on Last Week

A lot of great things happened last week, including the first week of my Project 55 Fellowship. Here are some quick thoughts:


Work:
  • When you enjoy what you do, you'll want to put in the extra-time. 
  • If you want to be "The Best" at what you do, you need to put in the extra-time.
  • The Metro is too expensive during Rush Hour (I pay $4.70 for a one-way trip from Wheaton to Dupont  Circle on the Red Line). 
  • Speaking of Dupont Circle, there are lots of great spots to grab lunch; however, if I want to save up for an apartment, I won't be eating at any of them on a regular basis.
  • Walking from Dupont Circle to U Street is a great walk!
  • A machine that can scan documents and convert them into PDFs is a Godsend! 
  • I'm really enjoying what I'm doing right now. 
  • Preparation and "attention to detail" is very important in the workplace. 

Life: 
  • My parents are the best! 
  • I can't wait to room with AR in September, but we need to find a place and do some research, lol. 
  • I need to move out not just because I want my own place, but also the commute to/from work takes a lot out of me each day.
  • Trio Restaurant is WAY TOO expensive for an after work food and/or drink, but it's always worth it to visit RP :) 
  • I feel like the past year has been a wild, rough ride, but now "I'm back!"
  • Practically speaking, the only person I'm responsible for right now is me. 
  • Wordsworth: "the world is all before me now" - this is exactly how I feel.

Virginia Gold Cup - University Row (I went to some horse races yesterday)
  • I can never remember having a bad time while hanging out with AM; in fact every time is a lot of fun :) 
  • After spending time with older young alums (in their 20s) from other universities, I realized that for the most part single folks in their 20s and 30s are basically at the same place
  • I learned a lot about life, love, and relationships by having a bus conversation with a married woman in her 40s. 
  • It's a little strange when an alum in his 40s tries to hang with the younger crowd and is SO obviously  out of place. 
  • No one goes to University Row for the horse races... 

Random: 
  • It's time for a "new look" and haircut. 
  • I love the episodes of South Park that feature interactions between Cartman and Token - hilarious stuff!
  • I think... and this is a big "I think" that Ric Flair is my all-time favorite professional wrestler (it used to be Hulk Hogan, but his work-rate is horrible). 
  • I don't think there's anyway whatsoever in which I can relate to Mitt Romney... none 
  • I need to do more professional development activities.
  • Bryce Harper is the real deal! 
  • Brian McKnight has taken his career to the next level with "If Your Ready To Learn" 
  • I can't wait for Reunions! 
  • Something tells me "business is about to pick up" even more - let's go! 
#TeamRAG 

I walk through the actual Dupont Circle everyday, lol 



No comments:

Post a Comment