Wednesday, April 4, 2012

#DoOrDieMarch: The Conclusion

Wow, what a month...

Thanks to everyone who supported and encouraged me throughout the month of March. It's only fair that if you followed me, you also know how this little slice of my life wrapped up:

After I left N4A, I had expected to begin an internship with a local public schools system. Unfortunately, the arrangements fell through and I am currently back on the sidelines; however, this development turned out to be a positive (and that internship may yet develop, nothing's off the table). I've had a chance to focus and zero in on what I really enjoy: youth development and creating supplemental educational opportunities for kids. I'm happy to say that I've identified some potential opportunities and am now pursuing those aggressively. Moreover, I've had another positive interview that may lead to another promising opportunity - let's see what happens.

So that's the practical side of things; here's the life lesson: "just go for it"

I think that one of the feelings that I experienced (maybe because I manufactured it lol) was a sense of urgency. Every time I wrote a blog entry about #DoOrDieMarch, didn't it seem like there was a tone of "OMG, I need to get this done" or "it's sometime right now?" I enjoyed having this feeling and it made me feel alive. Although I already knew this, this past month reinforced the idea that most of the time (85-90%) you just need to go for it. Here are some of the best examples of me "just going for it" from recent memory:

  • Action: Just talking to that random person sitting next to me on the back of the Megabus, Result: befriending an awesome person named Rachel
  • Action: Deciding to take Black Queer Studies (a class with a large writing component), Result: most moving, touching academic/intellectual experience of my life 
  • Action: Taking that phone call and interview from a temp agency, Result: having an incredible experience at N4A 
 
Overall, last month was awesome! #DoOrDieMarch is officially in the books and now it's time for April. It's going to be a BIG month, but we'll skip the hashtags this time :) 

P.S.: Wrestlemania was freakin' amazing! My favorite match was HHH vs. Undertaker in Hell in a Cell with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee - that was storytelling at its finest. Also, I'm glad the Rock won. And what about Daniel Bryan? 

YES, YES, YES, YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment