Wednesday, February 9, 2011

After the Fall


"They looking back, all th' Eastern side beheld Of Paradise, so late thir happie seat, Wav'd over by that flaming Brand, the Gate With dreadful Faces throng'd and fierie Armes: Som natural tears they drop'd, but wip'd them soon; The World was all before them, where to choose Thir place of rest, and Providence thir guide: They hand in hand with wandring steps and slow, Through Eden took thir solitarie way." - Milton, Paradise Lost (Book 12, 641-649)

Here's the deal: Adam and Eve could not live until they left Paradise; they could not live until they fell. Like Adam and Eve, I recently had my "Fall" episode, i.e. the month of January. I'm not going to recount January's events because it's time for me to move on, move forward: It's time for me to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment