Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mid-Week Update: 7/30 - 8/5

It's been an intense week thus far, but I'm happy to say that significant progress was made:

1. Send out our work newsletter: Complete. Although I left the office at 7:30 pm last night, I clicked send our office's newsletter. It felt really good to complete that project, go home, have dinner, and go straight to bed. 

2. Respond to at least 50 Craigslist roommate listings: In Progress. So far I think I've responded to maybe 10 listings and checked out 50 that weren't good fits for me; I have a ways to go, lol 

3. Begin to lock-in dates for PCW Programs: In Progress. We are really close! PCW is going to participate in DC Beautification Day on August 25th. Also we have dates locked in for the Princeton Women's Network of DC Kickoff event (9/13) and our PCW Gala (9/22). There are some other things that need to go on the docket, but I'm really close. 

4. Send email inquiries about local community groups: Complete. I sent out two emails to organizations that I would like to join and received positive feedback... I'll share more details later. 

5. Meet two of my friends for a happy hour in Dupont Circle: In Progress.  This one will be completed by Thursday. On Monday I met with BK at Front Page and we had a chance to catch up: good times. Yesterday I found out that I "won" a free happy hour at McFadden's (in Foggy Bottom) with a free, all-I-can drink open bar. If you are free to join me, here are the details:  

6. Meet two new people: Not Attempted Yet. This goal should be completed on Thursday at the Happy Hour - that's what happy hours are for. 

Ok, so it's been a busy and intense week. I'm satisfied thus far, but know that I need to keep pushing myself. Tonight I could go for a bacon-cheeseburger and sleep. 

Thanks for reading. 

- Reg 

P.S.: Mos Def always makes things better (and bonus points because this is with The Roots):

  

No comments:

Post a Comment